2012年3月24日星期六

Beats HeadphonesOK

OK, very fast because I have things to paint and fic to write--

1. Mission: Impossible premiere was tonight and I stopped by--didn't meet anyone and my photos are hilariously bad,Beats By Dre Sale, but I did see a lot of people. I have to say, it was probably the most efficiently-organized premiere I've ever seen (and that's saying something); the people on the red carpet side of the street were all neatly behind barriers and had posters and wristbands, apparently, and on our side the barriers went all the way out to the corner and there were lots of cops watching and actually stopping traffic and it was just very well-done. We realized it was probably Tom Cruise's People (because you know he has mad People) who made sure it was all organized for the fans (and believe me, he still has a LOT of screaming fans), and while I'm no huge fan of his, I do respect that. And when he & Katie showed up (early!) they signed for lots of people (well, he did) and seemed to be pretty nice, as did Simon Pegg (!!!!!) who waved at us. They weren't actually allowed to come across the street to us, but, still. I also saw Paula Patton, looking FAB in a sparkly minidress, and J.J. Abrams (!!!!) and (!!!!!!!! I was NOT expecting him and yelped "holy FREAKIN' fuck, Sawyer!") and Piper Perabo and and one of the Baldwins and then ,Coach Bag Sale, who I was there to see in the first place--he didn't come over either, but he waved and looked really hot and brought his mom, I think,Beats Headphones, so hey, at least I saw him.
EDIT: Now with far better pics from ! ,Moncler Coats, and . See! We were pretty close! DAMN MY LEG CAMERA!!

2. ()

3. ()

4. Saw a play called Gatz at Princeton on Saturday--it's a word-for-word reading/performance of The Great Gatsby where the guy playing Nick reads it out from the book (it's this whole meta/fourth wall thing) and everyone else kinda says their lines like a regular play. And yeah, it took about six hours, with several breaks in between. It was hardcore and I was very impressed--especially when the dude STOPPED READING right about Gatsby's death scene and just RECITED THAT FUCKER. I JUST. WHAT. It was so badass. It's not one of my fave books, but I do appreciate it more now, especially the humor ("Did I tell you about the books? They're REAL"), and I also like Nick more as a character. They picked an interestingly older guy for Gatsby and an interestingly younger guy for Wilson, which I actually thought kinda worked. Also, it made me excited to see my Aussie sweetie Joel Edgerton as Tom in Baz's movie (GET OUT TOBEY UGH GOD), because that role has a lot of weight. Not for the faint of heart, but very, very impressive.

5. ...and at work I'm doing this nine-part documentary series called "Playing Shakespeare" from 1982 with John Barton chatting with the likes of Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart (EEEEEEE), Ben Kingsley and Judi Dench and others about Shakespeare and how to perform it and stuff, and in episode three they were talking a ton about Henry V and Michael Williams, Judi's husband, did the "once more unto the breach" monologue and I was just like OH MY GAAAAHD THIS IS AWESOME. And it's all very high-minded and actorly, but fortunately I am a gentleman and a scholar and also a HUGE nerd for all things acting, so I know what scansion and naturalized dialogue are and all that crap. And it's just like, theatre boner alert. (And WHILE I'm doing this, Hiddles is tweeting about the Henry V he's doing right now, and I'm just like IT'S SO META; WHAT DOES IT MEEEEAN??? I tweeted back him about it, of course. That + Gatsby makes me the Numero Uno Hiddlestoner of the week, tbh. It is so sad that my biggest fantasy is sitting with him and having a cup o' tea and talking about the Bard, BUT IT IS. OMG, HE SHOULD COME BACK TO NYC AND COME TO THE MUSEUM AND WATCH THE THING AND--THEN WE'LL HAVE LUNCH AND--

*excited sweater lady*) Anyway. It's fun. If dense.

5. Sent out my holiday cards today! Basically done shopping/making things; going back to Philly on Thursday night (and seeing War Horse with my mom at some point. I can already hear the conversation: "That's him, that's the guy I like! The one I met!" "What?! No, it's not! His hair's all different." "No,Cheap Vibram Five Fingers, yeah, I know, he does that. But that's the smiley dude from Central Park." "The Marilyn Manson guy?" ">____________> ...Yes, that one." "THAT'S NOT HIM." "sdnbshdfsmdbasb!!"). I made my dad an X-Men snowglobe and bought far too many outfits for my niece, so it'll be fun.
Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论